Power Source for Women: Proven Fitness Strategies, Tools, and Success Stories for Women 45+
Power Source for Women is dedicated to women 45+ at all levels, stages, and abilities of fitness. Our simple, realistic approach touches on the very essence of what we can do as women to develop a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Throughout this book we provide specific, research-based strategies and tools that are especially appropriate for women.
We are committed to your fitness. We have written Power Source for Women to help get you started and to help keep you motivated, by showing you the amazing rewards that come from fitness. We will help you to launch your fitness journey and to persevere one step at a time. We will show you how you can be a mentor and inspiration to other women and girls. In our approach, as you will see, the richest and most lasting rewards are in the journey, not the destination.
We set a number of goals for this book, as well as for our speaking engagements, coaching, and website. These include to:
- encourage women to embrace their strengths, passions, gifts, and successes
- show women how they can invent, and live, their best lives through their commitment to fitness
- motivate women to make decisions for lifelong health and vitality
- promote disease prevention through fitness
- use humor and personal stories to motivate women to take action
- showcase role models who would inspire other women and girls, share their success stories, and offer fitness advice
- provide women with self-assessment tools, quizzes, and questionnaires, as well as opportunities to find the FIT relationship that is most compatible with their lives
- create the North York YMCA Women’s Fund, a program that assists women and children in shelters
- develop an online community, through our new website and blog www.powersourceforwomen.com, for women to connect with other women, share their stories, download information, and build their own accountability teams and fitness network.